Thursday, August 21, 2008

And the Academy Award goes to....

Yesterday my husband surprised me by calling me and asking me to go out to dinner, my choice. I was so happy and called a place that I really liked when we had breakfast there a few weeks ago. Well, when we arrived there was not one thing on the menu that I liked. My husband gracefully let the restaurant staff know that the menu was "a little to exotic" for our tastes and we left. We decided to go to another restaurant with traditional American fare.

It was almost empty and felt very cozy. The waitress took our orders and then our daughter lost her mind...

She started whining-crying... ahheeee, ahhheee..... I tried to color with her, sing to her... nothing worked. I knew she was just fussy and wanted me to hold her but we are trying to train her to act properly in her highchair.
I then grabbed my camera from my purse without her seeing. I got it ready and said I am going to take your picture and send it t the Academy Awards... *flash*.....

She is such a ham for the camera that she stopped crying for the quick second for the picture and then began crying again.

A kind older gentleman came over and said "I have six children and 8 grands and I have NEVER seen anything like what your daughter just did." We laughed and laughed!


See the scrape on her head from the park? Thank God it was just a surface abrasion, no bump.

3 comments:

i_am_4given said...

Oh, isn't she adorable!!

I love when kids do that...LOL...you have to laugh at them, because you know they are hamming it up for the camera!!...LOL

Blessings,
Ronnie

FlipFlop Mom said...

OH MY.. she is ADORABLE!!! she is going to be a knock out beauty when she is older!!!

I just love kids.. they always surprise you!!

Lyn said...

Awww! Your daughter is just BEAUTIFUL! What a sweety.

Sounds like you have a sweetie of a husband, too :)

Previous Posts