Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Prosperity Prayer

In my web travels, I came across the prayer below. I began to think.... how often it is that I want to control my finances by myself (with hubby). I try to give all of my thoughts, actions and deeds over to the Lord for His will (not mine) to be done. BUT in finances I somehow have been under the false belief that I could leave God out of the money issues -budget, savings etc It makes so much sense... ASK GOD!

Several years ago, my mother bought me a book about the prayer of Jabez. She touted that this book will work wonders in your life. I immediately was turned off. How could a book focusing on one passage be the answer to all things?? After reading the Prosperity Prayer, I realize it is not about receiving money or profits of any kind, it is about seeking God's infinite wisdom and will in our lives.

1 Chronicles 4:10(TNIV)

10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
--

The Prosperity Prayer
by Lynn Robinson

God,

I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.

I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties and fears about money, and replace them with faith.

I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.

I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.

I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.

I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.

I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.

And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.

Thank you, God.

I pray this in Jesus Name
Amen


No comments:

Previous Posts